Mulling Things Over

Archive for the 'Software Development' Category


Problems with symlinks and portable Lisp code

Lately, I have been contributing work to ASDF-INSTALL in an attempt to make it more configurable (especially on Windows), and to make it handle multiple defsystems correctly. This was motivated in part by dissatisfaction with the recommended techniques for dealing with Windows’ lack of symbolic links in ASDF and ASDF-INSTALL. It should, and can, be […]


(I)DataSet and (I)DbDataSet

I’ve been staring at a lot of Microsoft documentation lately, trying to architect a database access layer that leverages the rather nice design tools in Visual Studio 2005 , while still giving us some hooks into a data constraint mechanism. I’m trying to stay away from the currently popular business-object-to-table-hierarchy design, since I think this […]



I haven’t worked on CLinNet in quite a while, but a few months ago I started playing with RDNZL, a .NET/Common Lisp interface written by Edi Weitz. Very nice! But I found the need to use assembly-qualified type names, or to import types or assembly contents, to be fairly cumbersome when I worked with Direct3D. […]


Common Lisp in .NET

For fun and education, I’m currently working on an implementation of Common Lisp on the .NET framework. This meshes with my personal strong interest in Common Lisp, and my new responsibilities at my day job, where I’ve just become a charter member of a group that is working on a new generation of products based […]

© 2020 Mulling Things Over | Entries (RSS) and Comments (RSS)

Design by Web4 Sudoku - Powered By Wordpress